Plumbing Division of McWane Inc. is seeking a dynamic and demonstrated results-oriented management team member for its Marshfield Mo. And Chennai, India sites. This General Manager position will support the Executive Vice President in leading and managing a strategic plan to achieve organizational objectives in safety, quality, operating cost, delivery, productivity and morale.
The General Manager position is considered a key role with opportunities for developing a team into leadership roles within Plumbing Division and the McWane family of companies.
The General Manager position is in the Marshfield, MO. facility. Relocation available. Position does require traveling when needed.
McWane Inc. offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits and compensation package.
Submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Tyler Pipe & Coupling
Human Resources Department
- Direct senior staff members in Engineering, Quoting, Purchasing, Inventory Management and Shipping to achieve or exceed department goals and objectives having total responsibility for the Coupling operations including Sales.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives; monitor and evaluate operating performance; provide direction, judgment, leadership, and technical expertise to management team to maximize efficiency.
- Accountable for all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in Safety, Quality and Productivity areas; ensure compliance with government regulations including OSHA and EPA standards along with company safety policies established in Excellence through the concept of “Team Members”, not “employees”.
- Establish a Continuous Improvement culture as it relates to manufacturing processes, setting priorities, capacity, scheduling, metrics, forecasting and employee involvement; plan and implement Lean MFG.
- Build skills depth and backup within hourly employee ranks and succession planning for leadership positions.
- Assist in developing the annual budget for all functions; implement procedures to meet identified goals.
- Assist in establishing annual cost reduction goals for the organization to meet the division/corporate business plan
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is preferred; MBA a plus.
- 10-15 years experience in a world-class manufacturing environment with superior safety, quality, service and productivity improvement track record – of which 5 years have been in supervisory and/or functional leadership roles.
- Demonstrated involvement in continuous improvement, six sigma, lean manufacturing or other CI methodologies required.
- Understanding and use of Plumbing Industry Codes and Standards.
- Experience in Sales Strategy, Margins, and Regional Marketplaces.