Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world’s top five eCommerce sites, with over 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world’s top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling over 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
With its owned/operated/managed clubs and theaters, the House of Blues Entertainment portfolio, a division of Live Nation, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. House of Blues Entertainment is the country’s preeminent live music venue collection, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Full responsibility for all aspects of entertainment venue business operations
* Facilitates proper communication and organization in the venue, as well as to and from Home Office
* Provides overall leadership and support for all staff and management by creating the appropriate culture and character of the venue through his/her own personal and professional conduct
* Manages physical plant/facility to ensure proper maintenance and repair
* Maintains food & beverage budget through inventory management, pricing and process improvement and proper training of staff
* Works closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining highest standards or health, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage areas
* Maintains positive talent relations by developing a solid understanding of the music industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences in the venue
* Ensures that all events are executed properly, to the client’s satisfaction
* Promotes positive employee relations including effective delegation of duties and fostering high staff morale
* Provides leadership and direction resulting in employee retention
* Identifies, develops and retains high potential Team Members to build business bench strength
* Creates and maintains framework for strong interdepartmental communication to effectively implement cross promotional goals and objectives
* Fosters and maintains community and partner relations that will further the interests of the company and venue
* Creates very positive guest relations/experiences in a manner that portrays an energetic, sympathetic image of the venue
* Analyzes demographics of the market and looks for opportunities to increase markets; works with marketing, special events and promotions staff to create internal, external promotions
* Reviews all special events contracts for profitability and feasibility for execution; ensures that all special events are executed to Live Nation Standards
* Participate in preparing annual budgets, in conjunction with executive leadership team and Home Office support team members
* Participate in developing long and short term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
* Ensure systems and processes are in place for all cost controls/inventories
* Develops new revenue streams including programming, F&B promotions, talent, and retail
* Minimum 5 years of experience as a general manager or operations manager in a hospitality related business; restaurant operations experience is highly preferred
* California Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
* Multi-unit experience.
* Must have proven programming and special event sales experience.
* Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities
* Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
* Must have expertise in profitability analysis and budgeting
* Exhibits strong problem solving skills in long term and immediate situations