- Committed to ensuring safe plant operation and environmental compliance
- Supports and emphasizes importance of safety and environmental programs and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision to the staff and represented employees at the station.
- Promotes productivity and teamwork with open communication, timely decision making, and use of personal skills to set high standards of performance within the business unit and corporate support entities.
- Promotes and supports the development of technical, leadership, and business skills of employees to carry out responsibilities in a competitive environment.
- Creates and supports an organizational culture that encourages and rewards employee involvement, innovative thinking and adaptation to change, responsible risk taking, customer focus, and continuous improvement.
- Formulates appropriate strategies, which support the overall strategy of the business unit and NRG and manages development and implementation of assigned area goals, objectives, and initiatives.
- Manages all business aspects of assigned area to maximize competitive position of the business unit, including maintaining proper staffing levels and proactive cost management
- Manages development of appropriate standards guidelines, programs, and procedures within assigned area of responsibility.
- Promotes positive labor relations both locally and throughout the region, ensures compliance to the labor contract, and works to resolve disputes.
- Responsible for O&M/Projects/Overhaul Budget development and implementation.
- Active leader in Region / Company projects and initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 15 years experience OR in lieu of the degree, must have 19 years of experience. Experience in knowledge of power plant systems, equipment, material, operations and finances as they pertain to assigned area of responsibility, demonstrated organization leadership, or equivalent experience in a related technical field.
- Experience leading/supervising employees in a power generation, operations or maintenance environment.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of the processes, systems, assets, resources, key personnel, and business functions of the business unit.
- Knowledge of power plant systems, equipment, materials, and operation as they relate to assigned area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and personnel management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
- Ability to use a personal computer, enterprise software, with the ability to learn SAP.
- Ability to foster a team orientated workforce with defined goals and objectives.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret technical documents related to area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental regulations.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- Requires operation of a personal computer and knowledge of Microsoft Word office suite.
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Normal office environment and power plant environment.
- Requires operation of a motor vehicle and a valid driver license in state of residency.
- Work overtime and non-standard working hours as required.
- Requires occasional travel outside service area.
- Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.).
- May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals.