The Adjustable Bed Group of Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, is seeking an experienced General Manager to oversee Operations for its Georgetown, Kentucky Assembly and Welding Plants. As a member of the Group’s management team, this position reports to the Senior Vice President of Operations and plays a key role in managing risk and cost while maintaining exceptional quality standards.
We’re looking for a process-oriented leader to oversee P&L operations of multiple manufacturing and assembly facilities. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, is well-versed and experienced in developing and implementing business processes based on LEAN methodologies.
- Oversee Assembly, Welding, and Distribution for our Georgetown area Operations.
- Ensure efficient production through planning of materials and manpower in a volatile forecast environment
- P&L responsibility: review income statement, analyze variances, and initiate plans to address problem areas
- Achieve Branch objectives through budgeting, planning, and resource allocation; measuring results, reviewing progress, and making corrections, as needed
- Play a significant role in long term capacity planning and management of capital and facilities
- Recruit and develop staff to build an organization of strong talent
- Maintain organizational quality and service standards
- Ensure compliance to applicable governmental/corporate regulations related to business, environmental, health, and safety activities
- Maintain and grow a strong continuous improvement culture and practice
Requirements & Desired Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Organizational Leadership, Accounting or related field
- 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with a strong preference for Assembly Line , Welding and Powder Coating operations
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role with a reporting chain of 100 plus associates
- Solid knowledge and background implementing and maintaining a culture of Continuous improvement and the application of Lean principles
- Excellent oral and written communication ability with people at all levels of the organization, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of manufacturing and planning systems ( MRP/ERP)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. While benefits may vary by location, we typically include: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and stock plans, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts and more.