The Property Manager (PM) is responsible for providing direct management oversight for the assigned retail properties. The Property Manager is responsible for maximizing NOI and asset value on behalf of JLL clients. Specific responsibilities include property management, operations, maintenance, client and tenant relations, supporting the leasing team, marketing, accounts payable collections, annual budgeting, risk management and financial reporting.
- To develop, articulate and implement business plans for each assigned property, that are consistent with the owners needs and objectives to maximize asset value and NOI
- Monthly / Quarterly financial and management reporting as required by client
- To provide oversight of contractors and maintenance personnel at properties to ensure they are being maintained properly and as required.
- To build relationships in order to retain current business, expand opportunities with existing clients and leverage that in pursuit ofadditional clients and business opportunities.
- Understanding the leasing process and effectively supporting the broker/agency leasing team.
- Maintain/Update Emergency Response Manuals and hold regular meetings with tenants.
- Ensure the assigned properties are managed consistent with JLL’s Core Practices and Standards of Excellence
- Need to be financially astute and have a thorough understanding of retail accounting principles including recovery ratios and methods, allocating costs to various CAM pools, accrual and cash basis accounting, reading and understanding financials and be able to abstract information from a lease.
- To project and achieve budgeted financial goals as outlined in the approved annual operating budget while adding value to theproperty(s) with prudent management and business decisions.
- Implement the approved business plans and achieve the budgeted financial goals as outlined in the approved annual operating budget while adding value to the property(s) with prudent management and business decisions
- Build relationships with tenants in order to retain current business, expand opportunities with existing clients and leverage that in pursuit of additional clients and business opportunities
- Supporting the marketing efforts of the property
- Ensure the Assistant Property Manager’s responsibilities are being completed as required
- Understanding the leasing process and effectively supporting the broker/agency leasing team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Degree in Real Estate, Management, preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail property management, multiple property responsibilities preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Real Estate license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Competency using Microsoft Office, navigating the internet, general use of personal computer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership and professionalism
- Ability to problem solve and provide actionable and positive feedback
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment