General Manager, Cleveland, OH
Relocation assistance is available.
Providing leadership to a cross functional team of direct and matrix reporting employees, the General Manager will be directly responsible for providing end-to-end oversight of the businesses to drive profitable growth. In this position, the GM must develop a business strategy, drive business performance, and provide overall cross-functional leadership to drive alignment to business strategies. This role will develop marketplace opportunities, lead sales pursuits, oversee internal processes, and provide employee leadership in the achievement of common goals. You will also ensure a safe and engaged workforce and customer satisfaction, in collaboration with regional managers, peers, employees and cross-functional teams.
This position will report to the President of the greater business unit and will actively contribute to overall strategic planning, leveraging investments across all businesses and managing the company’s overall market positioning.
· Manage a high-performance team that takes ownership for delivering short- and long-term financial performance commitments
· Refine the Strategic Plan for the business to clearly define the business roadmap, breakthrough strategies, product portfolio priorities, channel strategy and channel management activities and competitive landscape
· Drive the continuous transformation of the businesses from providers of products and solutions to a leading software
· industrial business in their respective markets
· Maintain or achieve a leading position in each vertical and geographical market with an appropriate product, pricing and channel strategy
· Ensure cross functional coordination for business to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue commitments
· Develop new and enhance existing relationships with end users, building/property owners, specifying engineers, system integrators
· Provide leadership and support to secure key projects
· Provide active leadership necessary to drive critical programs/projects to successful completion
· Champion Customer Experience; actively map the customer journey and drive continuous improvement to improve customer satisfaction, loyalty and simplify doing business with the Company
· Initiate/oversee operational productivity, continuous improvement and the application of productivity tools (Six Sigma, CP/S, etc.) throughout the factory and business teams
· Bachelors degree
· 5+ years of P&L responsibility experience
· Experience leading a technology orientated company
· 5 years of business leadership experience
· Broad experience with strong competencies in sales/marketing with some exposure to operations.
· Experience establishing annual operating plans
· Experience virtually coordinating global teams
· Experience leading project based or services based businesses
· Experience with building automation software systems
· Track record of defining, developing, and taking complex products/systems to market and delivering outstanding growth and profitability in complex B2B environments
· Experience in managing multiple, complex projects and changing priorities, making sound decisions and working effectively in a matrix environment
· Excellent strategic, operational, and project management capabilities
· Global mindset and cross-cultural sensitivity
· Proven ability to build senior level executive relationships
· Outstanding communication skills and ability to operate across countries, communicate, and coordinate effectively across organizational boundaries
· Profit & Loss exposure and accountability
Valid through: 8/5/2020