The General Manager directs and manages sales and operations personnel, and the quality of work they produce. The position acts as the daily starting point and guide for all employees in the market area.
The General Manager implements plans to meet customer's expectations and critical project components. Communicate with and provide feedback to the Interstate team to ensure clear expectations and maximum productivity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for office sales, growth and profitability
- Manage a sales and marketing team to Drive sales volume in the marketplace
- Must demonstrate and maintain a high level of integrity, business ethics, and sound judgment
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, development and engagement
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures at all times
- Establish and maintain harmonious labor relations among job site personnel and sub-contractors
- Responsible for P&L
- Review invoices and accounts payable/receivables; actively participate in various other branch related accounting functions
- Manage collections
- Demonstrate efficient computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-motivation and effective time management is critical
- Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality
- Interview for all levels of the region or local office
- Maintain adequate job related equipment and materials
- Oversee job cost and procedures
- Review and approve direct reports expense reports
- Perform yearly performance review of staff
- Review monthly financials calls via video or in person
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Office PowerPoint proficiency is required
- Ability to read all Xactimate scopes
- Ability to review Time and Material invoices
- Knowledgeable in building construction
- Ability to supervise and communicate clearly, both verbally and written
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to delegate assignments
- Ability to schedule, multitask and be a good problem solver
- Highly organized with the ability to achieve accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities
- A highly motivated and goal oriented individual
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- 8+ Prior experience with restoration (water/fire) projects
- 6+ years of successful construction project management experience
- 6 years of supervisory experience in building construction trade
- Direct estimating experience using Xactimate and Time and Materials
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
INTERSTATE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. INTERSTATE will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicants on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age; ancestry; childbirth or related medical condition; citizenship; color; creed; familial status; genetic information; height; weight; marital status; national origin; physical or mental disability or handicap; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; uniform service member status or veteran status.
Third party resume submissions not accepted. Any resume submitted will be considered the property of INTERSTATE and INTERSTATE will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
INTERSTATE is an E-Verify Employer.