- Provide leadership across the business unit.
- Manage a team responsible for day-to-day operations (sales, customer service, account management, content creation, product development, marketing, business development).
- Build expert-level understanding of the vertical, and develop strategies to maintain and grow our leadership position.
- Develop and manage operational budgets, and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis. Establish metrics for business to drive decisions.
- Understand and develop strategies and activities to grow audience/users in a profitable manner.
- Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities and development plans against company objectives.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated experience growing revenue and profit for online/software business.
- Ability to interact with and to develop relationships with a diverse group of personnel ranging from senior executives to middle managers to technical individual contributors.
- Strong business sense – an excellent understanding of costs and benefits and an ability to use that understanding to prioritize activities.
- Analytical – demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and driving decisions based on that data.
- Organized – able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, tracks those parts, and manage activities to completion.
- Excellent communication skills – able to take complex information and succinctly and effectively communicate both in verbal and written formats.
- Team Player – able to work cross-functionally, build partnerships, and share knowledge.
- Automotive industry expertise within an online or software company is required.
- Bachelors degree; MBA a plus.