Nissan is currently seeking a GM, Dealer Network Development to join our Infiniti team in Franklin, TN.
This role is responsible for exceeding targeted incremental sales goals for Nissan and Infiniti through review and support of dealership changes in accord with the Dealer Network Strategy. This role meets with relevant Area General Managers (AGM) and Regional Vice Presidents (RVP) as well as current and prospective dealers to facilitate and negotiate terms and conditions of dealership franchise changes that coincide with established market strategy prioritizing the selection and location of dealers judged to have greatest potential performance.
- Meets with dealer candidates, current dealers and AGM/RVP representatives to discuss details of changes in dealer ownerships and locations. Evaluates priorities and interests for Nissan and Infiniti that will open market potential to increase sales based upon prior Market Studies. Supports deals that are in the best interest of Nissan and Infiniti.
- Presents dealership changes to Dealer Network Committee comprised of NNA Senior Executive Officers to approve and authorize Nissan and Infiniti commitments.
- Provides regional support to Market Representation issues providing coaching and counseling to Dealership owners and regional management. May recommend termination of dealer relationships and support legal actions to achieve desired results.
- Routinely reviews sales results and evaluates contributions made through network changes. Analyzes improvements and market studies that may influence future strategy and actions. Incorporates new knowledge and research into future changes.
- Acts as primary field SME on specific network strategies. Managers all required negotiations for major support, lifecycle management and other major DND actions.
- Works with Legal and Finance representatives to ensure that legal and financial documents accurately reflect expectations, commitments and obligations of Dealers and Nissan and Infiniti.
- Coordinate work with CBRE representatives who assist with identification of real estate locations.
- Maintains documentation of Nissan and Infiniti obligations and ensures that commitments are executed according to agreements.
- Meets with potential new dealers to develop a positive image of Nissan and Infiniti brands and company.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Business or related field preferred) with 10+ years of related automotive experience
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a Dealer Operations Manager, including at least 2 years in an Area General Manager (AGM) capacity or similar Senior Management role
- Ability to travel domestically extensively (75% or more)
- Knowledge of business operations and the ability to recognize dealership locations and management that will maximize the potential sales markets for Infiniti.
- Ability to develop productive and effective dealership relationships by nurturing trust and understanding of financial dealer operations.
- Ability to assess the abilities of potential and current dealers to deliver promised sales success.
- Ability to effectively evaluate and present proposed business commitments to top executives and NNA committees.