About the Position
The distribution center general manager plans, directs, coordinates and implements all warehouse policies/procedures for the warehouse operation. In conjunctions with these responsibilities, the leader will lead in accordance with Kenco’s Guiding Principles and operate the facility using the Kenco Operating System (KOS / Shingo) methodology to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, while maximizing profits by performing the following duties or through delegation to subordinates.
- Lead activities of site management and personnel to ensure compliance with defined operating system, corporate policy and site standard operating procedures, personnel policies and workload leveling.
- Maintain all safety, operations, quality, financial, legal and regulatory functions executed on site.
- Develop long-term planning and strategic initiatives for the site to ensure continued success and satisfactory relationship with customer.
- Responsible for site metrics associated with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Business Improvement Plans, Efficiency Programs, and Profit and Loss (P&L) indices subsequent data analysis to develop reports for interpretation and communication for the customer, and site personnel.
- Ensures communication and feedback for site and customer relations, including management review.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to site management and personnel in support of bench strength to ensure sustainability of the business and facility.
- Responsible for supporting a healthy and effective “Lean Culture” participating in and leading 5S, Gemba walks, A3’s, Kaizen events, Employee Suggestion Boards, etc. daily, weekly, or as necessary to promote continuous improvement to the benefit of our customer.
- Analysis of operations on a continuing basis to make necessary improvements to ensure cross functional operating efficiencies in the warehouse. Analyzes throughput information, capacity planning, flow through and financial information.
- Build a strong relationship with Customer. Understand Customer strategic goals and ability to translate those to site specific goals.
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or Business field or related required.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience within a distribution center and/or warehouse or related required.
- Prior experience leading a team of salary and hourly associates with a strong ability to build strong, positive rapport with associates in a team environment; successfully manages people to achieve performance goals; excellent people management skills including conflict resolution, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Experience with labor/workforce management systems (i.e. SAP, Red Prairie, High Jump, etc.) highly desired.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment; demonstrated ability to work effectively under stress and pressure; ability to manage multiple projects and meet specific goals and deadlines.
- Highly proficient in necessary computer applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Communicate for Impact - Devoting the time and resources necessary to communicate the strategic vision, direction, priorities, and progress of the team for which you are responsible.
- Leading People - Ability to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance and foster employee engagement in meeting the organization's strategy.
- Managing Transitions / Change Management - Effectively plans, manages and communicates changes in processes with appropriate stakeholders.
- Relationship Management - Building and maintaining relationships with internal partners to successfully complete projects and organizational objectives.
- Strategic Agility - Gains perspective and balances the pressure between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the organization.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 25% or less.