What will I be doing?
As a General Manageryou would be responsible for executing your position’s responsibilities in alignment with our Spirit of Service culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Organizes, plans, and directs the resort’s operations and functions.
- Attends all meetings and other managerial gatherings, as directed by Hilton Grand Vacations Company.
- Creates and monitors guidelines by which all employees are hired, developed, counseled, and terminated.
- Develops and maintains cost and labor controls to ensure operation within budget.
- Monitors operational performance through observation and feedback.
- Conducts periodic inspections of units, building, grounds, noting deficiencies of employees, contractors and physical appearance of property; notifies appropriate departments of deficiencies for immediate corrective action.
- Determines most appropriate and efficient method to make repairs and perform required maintenance.
- Prepares for and conducts monthly and annual Association(s) and Board meetings, keeping owners and board members advised of, but not limited to, property management activities, committee reports, financials, correspondence from unit owners, manager’s response to inquiries, officers’ reports, legal notices, and anything pertinent to the operation of the Association(s) that has occurred since the prior meeting.
- Monitors replacement program for the Association(s) as dictated by reserve budgets.
- Responsible for the recording of minutes and for the proper flow of suggestions, grievances, and inquires to the Association(s) Board and to Hilton Grand Vacations Company.
- Recommends to Hilton Grand Vacations Company and Association(s) Board of Directors improvements of resort management’s services and programs.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of the mandatory preventative and regular maintenance of units and mechanical aspects of the building. Coordinates all scheduled out of service programs with inventory and revenue management.
- Frequent communication with AVP on recommendations to improve product, services, operational efficiencies and customer service initiatives.
- Assures compliance with labor laws and respects areas of responsibilities.
- Develops career path opportunities for department heads. Coaches, conducts HGV and Me engagement sessions, counsels employees on job-related matters.
- Responds to owner and guests problems incurred and reacts appropriately. Ensures that a high standard of service is delivered in a friendly and personalized manner.
- Provides efficient and effective operation of the resort management functions. Guides and directs employees to achieve goals and objectives established.
- Coordinates with business management staff to insure that accurate records are maintained and cost controls are monitored and applied.
- Reviews and evaluates in all aspects of the Association’s operation and makes recommendations for changes as needed. Remains alert to potential problems or areas of concern.
- Creates and manages Association(s) budgets.
- Communicates continuously with Homeowners Association(s) Board of Directors.
- Maintains an awareness of new trends or anything that may affect the property, i.e. changes in the law, zoning, etc. Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of State and Federal laws governing the operations of interval resorts.
- Conducts periodic communication with the sales organization as it relates to service and product changes and enhancements.
- Carries out a reasonable request by management of which the employee is capable of performing.
What are we looking for?
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor BA/BS Degree Required
- Minimum of three to five years as a GM or AGM role experience in a comparable property.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of vacation ownership principles, practices and procedures, including HOA laws and regulations in the day to day management of the resort preferred.
Job ID: GEN000035