goPuff is seeking a General Manager to join the operations team. We are looking for a self- starting and entrepreneurial strong leader. The General Manager role is an intense and fast-paced role within goPuff that requires drive, grit, positivity, and enthusiasm for the challenge. In this role, you will lead a local team of Shift Leaders and Field Operations Associates overseeing the facility’s operations as well as a team of independent Driver Partners. Ultimately, the success of the territory rests on your shoulders and is determined by your ability to execute and effectively lead a team that is hyper-focused on delivering a perfect experience for our customers.
- 8+ years of managing and leadership experience, minimum of 5 years of experience with a fast-paced environment and leading a blended workforce of W2 and 1099 employees.
- Retail, warehouse, logistics, military, restaurant or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills with conflict resolution
- Strong skills with team development and engagement
- Ability to lead in an ever-changing environment
- Proven track record of being a change agent with improving processes and efficiencies
- Plans, directs, and is accountable for all warehouse operations including, deliveries, inventory, equipment, and systems
- Fanatically drive improvements to key performance indicators (KPIs) such as: Order Picking Time, Order Dwell Time, Drive Time, Order Defect Rate, and Cost Per Order.
- Accountable to drive the financial performance of the site by ensuring that budgeted productivity, labor, and other expenses are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with goPuff and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for the warehouse by analyzing and interpreting reports
- Implementing and monitoring Human Resource compliance, asset protection, safety controls, overseeing the safety of our people and products, operational and quality assurance reviews
- Develop and implement action plans to improve performance, providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and directing the management team in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation and assigned records
- Teach and train the site leadership in controlling expenses and labor to ensure expenses adhere to the budget and sales volume
- Create and implement plans to improve the financial performance of the warehouse