Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages exempt staff of all Departments in the Airline Catering unit. This includes but not limited to: Food production, Transportation, Equipment Processing, Storeroom Department, Dish-room/Porters, Quality Assurance, and related departments to ensure production standards and customer service requirements are met.
- Ensures Customer requirements/specifications and service requirements are complied with on all airline accounts. This includes production processing, on-time performance, equipment inventory, and quality assurance controls.
- Drives to meet business objectives and goals set by superior related to food costs, labor costs, sanitation, quality assurance, market track goals, airline goals and objectives, and all other specific goals set thereof.
- Ensures that all HACCP, FDA, Local Airport, Quality Assurance, and Airline Specifications are maintained at the highest level.
- Monitors all menu cycles to ensure customer service and satisfaction is not interrupted. Ensures that proper equipment is maintained and controlled in the Unit for operation excellence.
- Manages operation staff on a day-to-day operation aspect to drive for exceeding set targets.
- Supports and assists Lean initiatives, and Quality initiatives to achieve OPEX targets.
- Monitors all training programs that are required to be conducted to ensure all Corporate Policies and Procedures are followed and maintained.
- Monitors employee relations in each Department, and ensures compliance with the National Master and Local Addendum labor agreements are maintained in the Departments.
- Supports customer audits, government audits to meet compliance.
- Responsible for annual performance evaluations of direct reports in compliance with corporate initiatives.
- Maintains customer communication with all local and corporate airline representatives to ensure all request, investigations, and/or related are concluded to the satisfaction of the customer and company.
- Assists the Regional GM on projects, investigations, training, corporate goals and objectives, and airline requests.
- Completes all administrative reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures the security of the facility by monitoring and maintaining existing programs including all TSA, local airport and corporate requirements.
- Drives prevention vs. detection of defects.
- Coordinates actions to prevent the occurences of nonconformities.
- Maintains customer compliance resolution.
- Responsible for the maintenace of key performance metrics for the Operation organization.
- Verifies and insures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Insures quality specifications and requirements are followed and met.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specification.
- Completes Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls (HAPRC) Preventive Controls for Human Food training and certification course to be a PCQI (Preventive Controls Qualified Individual) according to company policy.
- Completes all other company required training including but not limited to ServSafe Sanitation Manager Certification.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
- Must have a successful track record as a Manager or Assistant Manager in airline catering.
- Must have 10+ years experience in in-flight catering or food manufacturing environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience with managing financials with budget responsibility.
- Prefer someone with demonstrated knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles and/or Six Sigma and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Must have proven experience successfully managing a team of supervisors and managers.
- Must have previous customer service and/or account management experience.
- Must have strong track record of innovation and making changes to the operation to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Must have labor relations experience.
- Candidate should be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Must be a Team builder with the ability to lead and motivate a diverse management and hourly staff.
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills.
- Must have an excellent problem solving skills, planning and scheduling capabilities managing multiple account requirements.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage the operation while maintaining compliance in a heavy regulated environment e.g. FDA, HACCP and security.
- Must have advanced Microsoft office tool skills (Excel, Word).
- Must have knowledge of quality auditing, inspection methods.
- Must be detail oriented and excellent project management skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task.
- Must be a Change Agent.
- Must have a strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with multiple departments and customers.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly prefer someone who can read, write and speak Spanish fluently.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must be able to obtain an AOA badge and customs seal.
- This position has travel of up to 25% of the time.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours.
- In a normal production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty five (25) pounds.
- A rotating schedule of 55+ hours per week is typical.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus