Job Purpose: Initiates, develops, and maintains a successful contract relationship.
- Handles all contractual services to include administrative functions, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensures compliance.
- Ensures services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintains company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensures compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzes, prepares, and develops budgets and forecasts.
- Negotiates operating budgets and contractual terms with customers.
- Assesses resource needs, problems, and trends and plans accordingly.
- Develops action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assures a safe working environment.
- Provides and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Provides leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishes training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfies client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assists in technical sales support and develops sales leads.
Describe level of decision making and list examples of common decisions made:
- Develops budgets and forecasts.
- Negotiates contracts with customers.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field strongly preferred.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years fleet management/maintenance leadership experience.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Ability to interface with using agencies, directors, elected officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior management.
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results without supervision.