This is an exciting, dynamic leadership opportunity to drive DTI-Epiq’s business across the Canadian region. The General Manager for Canada business provides senior leadership and oversight for all business operations in support of regional P/L. The specific responsibilities of the role include the consistent delivery of high quality, efficient operations, successful sales outreach to and management of client engagements, leadership and management of staff, and growth in alignment with the achievement of the business’ immediate and long-term operating revenue and income goals. The General Manager must work effectively with key partners in the global organization including the global Head of Sales, global SVP of Client Services, global SVP of Operations, local Heads of Offices and Corporate partners to ensure the delivery of best-in-class client service and quality operations. The General Manager must be comfortable in a highly matrixed environment, working collaboratively with global, functional leaders and corporate function partners (e.g., Finance, HR and Technology).
- Serves as the senior leader for Canada business, providing leadership in ensuring the alignment and adoption of the global DTI-Epiq vision, strategic objectives and cultural values.
- Executes the critical systems, programs and processes aligned to the global DTI-Epiq business to achieve the sales, client services, operations and people-related goals of the Canada business.
- Effectively manages the business’ revenue and expense targets to fulfill to company’s overall operating income goals.
- Develop and execute on the strategic objectives for the Canadian business including plans for right-sized expansion into emerging markets.
- Serves as the face of DTI-Epiq Canada business through the development of external and internal relationships.
- Provides insight and support to the sales team to ensure strategic account development plans are appropriately aligned to broader range business revenue and income goals.
- Partners effectively with critical liaisons across the global business to ensure alignment of operational processes, client services and standards and overall goal achievement.
- Takes necessary action to promote DTI-Epiq’s cultural values through all client and employee interactions.
- Drives the recruiting, management and development practices resulting in a team of top talent individuals who have a strong cultural fit with DTI-Epiq.
- Ensures the execution of DTI-Epiq’s talent management practices including performance management and Associate development to promote overall Associate performance, learning and growth opportunities.
- Drives a supportive and collaborative working climate that results in a highly engaged workforce.
Client Focus – Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilises methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardising business outcomes or results.
Building Effective Partnerships – Identifies opportunities to build strategic partnerships with individuals in other areas of the business in an effort to achieve business goals; identifies partnership opportunities through analysis of business needs and relationships that may enhance success; develops the partnership through information exchange, clarification of partnership benefits and definition of partnership.
Managing Change – Facilitates implementations and acceptance of organisational change; addresses resistance to change and helps individuals adapt to change; encourages and rewards others to identify opportunities to do things differently.
Strategic Agility – Clearly understands and articulates the business strategy; continuously ensures team and individual goals are aligned to broader strategic objectives, particularly when there is a change in direction; anticipates future consequences and trends accurately including their potential impact; maintains broad business knowledge and perspective; creates new, competitive strategies aligned to the broader business strategy.
Talent Management – Provides leadership in the execution of talent management initiatives and programs specific to talent acquisition, management and development; ensures teams are aligned and committed to broader department-level talent objectives; ensures management team actively contributes to talent management initiatives; provides high visibility and support to high potential individuals; promotes a learning and growth environment for all employees on the team.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- A deep understanding of Legal industry with over 10 years of experience in senior management positions within a professional services environment (e.g., consulting practices, law firms, corporate legal departments, etc.).
- Experience in high-growth businesses, with regional expansions successfully driven and executed.
- Strong financial acumen and proven experience managing a P/L.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple organizational groups including sales, client services and operations.
- Demonstrated consultative selling to grow client engagements.
- Strong experience working in a global, highly-matrixed organization with multiple reporting lines.
- Demonstrated capability in effectively managing multiple processes and service models resulting in high quality operations and client service.
- Proven leadership and talent development skills which help to motivate staff members and provide professional growth allowing them to assume additional responsibilities.
- Oral and written communication skills which provide a strong and confident executive presence.
- Excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognise client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements.
- An inspirational and personalised leadership style and presence.
- Personal buy-in to DTI-Epiq’s cultural values with a passion for employees, customers, and products.
- Strategic strength through consistent execution, speed, decisiveness, and risk taking.