General Manager – Engineered Systems
This role is located in Southern Ohio. Relocation assistance is available.
Establish and execute business strategies to achieve short and long-term revenue and profitability objectives in a high growth and very dynamic environment. You will develop marketplace opportunities, lead sales pursuits, drive operational execution, oversee internal processes, and provide employee leadership in the achievement of common goals. You will ensure a safe and engaged workforce and industry leading customer experience, in collaboration with peers, employees and cross-functional teams. You will be working directly with senior and executive level employees at some of the world's largest ecommerce and retail businesses delivering some of the largest and most complex integrated systems and solutions.
You will drive business objective achievement through effective cross-functional collaboration and relationship building and lead employee engagement via effective Positive Employee Relations plans. You will lead a team to define and deliver value for the company and customers through effective prioritization of product line investment of mechanical and software solutions and be at the forefront of the business's connected strategy
This is a senior leadership role within our client's organization. The role will be part of the core leadership team reporting directly to the President.
This GM will have responsibility for the financial results including direct ownership of orders, revenue, cash and operating income for the Engineered Systems business. The GM will be responsible to provide direct leadership to Sales and Operational Leaders in order to deliver profitable growth of the portfolio.
The GM has Major Account Sales Managers, Program Managers and Software Professional Services Leaders as direct reports. HR and Finance are Matrix Reports.
The GM is the focal point and the most senior resource for the Integrated Systems & Solutions Business.
The GM leads and coordinates across all functions to ensure the business delivers as per commitment to customers and in alignment with the strategic plan.
The GM develops, sustains, and leverages Senior Executive relationships at the Customer organizations
and is capable of:
• Articulating the vision and value propositions clearly to the correct stakeholders
• Working across businesses to drive value for the broader organization
• Lead initiatives and proactively mitigates risks
• Responsible for creating a culture which is entrepreneurial, growth driven, and professional
• Promote the company's safety culture and drive safety metrics at all times.
• Build a high performing leadership team to drive continuous improvement and enable succession
• Ensure effective performance management. Contribute / participate in organization development initiatives, and identify / remove performance hurdles in an efficient manner.
• Make People Development and Performance Management a top priority.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in business and/or technology - required.
• MBA or Advanced Business Degree - preferred.
• Extensive General Management experience
• Proven leadership and management experience of Senior Staff
• P&L experience
• Leadership and management experience in a projects and Integrated Systems environment
• Experience in Operations Excellence
• Ability to drive and execute major change initiatives
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships (external / internal)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead and develop effective teams / individuals
• Highly motivated and self-directed
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills