Barnes Industrial’s Engineered Components has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced business leader. Engineered Components is seeking a General Manager, to lead and manage its global Associated Spring businesses. The General Manager, Associated Spring will have full responsibility for the P&L business and lead and direct the manufacturing, sales, procurement, quality, finance, engineering and new product development/introduction efforts across six (6) Divisions located in Bristol, CT, Milwaukee, WI, Corry, PA, Mexico, Brazil and Singapore. The right candidate should be an impact player, with a proven track record of accomplishments, understand the business and organizational implications of decisions and display an orientation toward driving profitable growth. He or she should have a proactive leadership style and approach, the ability to lead by example and work collaboratively, in alignment with our corporate values. In alignment with our Barnes Enterprise System (BES), the leader should be able to effectively champion initiatives to drive productivity through commercial, operational and financial excellence, as well as promote and support our enterprise-wide strategic enablers of Innovation and Talent Management.
- Has full ownership and accountability for leading the Associated Spring business and managing the financial results (targets for revenue, profitability and cash flow) through the effective leveraging and utilization of the commercial, operational and financial excellence business processes within BES.
- Defines and executes a growth strategy which drives increased profitable sales and market share for all products and services while maintaining the highest standards of customer support and performance.
- Leverages sales to develop new customers and expands global presence as a strategic supplier through effective negotiations and customer relationship building.
- Achieves productivity improvements and performance objectives through the effective implementation/execution of the Barnes Enterprise System (BES) - reducing business and production process complexity and costs while aligning the make/buy strategy to maximize our competitive position in the market.
- Provides strong team leadership and is an effective team builder, having a passion for hiring and developing strong global teams via Talent Management principles and processes.
- Examines, understands and challenges existing operating methods, budget spending, capacity planning, efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and order entry efficiency, along with resource/manpower utilization to ensure efficient resource planning.
- Leverage the full complement and capabilities of technology to support the innovation strategy for the business. Collaborates on enterprise-wide innovation efforts and produce integrated programs, products and services that can be leveraged and marketed.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience of increasing management responsibility in manufacturing, general management and/or operations with 8 years of P & L responsibility. Global, multi-site management experience required.
- Must have strong customer focus. Demonstrated ability to build relationships internal and external to the organization with a focus on meeting or exceeding customer service expectations.
- Knowledge of and working experience with Lean Enterprise concepts and tools including flow design, capacity analysis, and root cause and corrective action requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate sales, operations, finance, logistics and human resource disciplines to maximize the site P&L performance. Develops and implements performance indicators to continually improve the efficiency and productivity of the manufacturing operations.
- Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skills; able to communicate and engage personnel at all levels of the organization. Emotionally intelligent change agent who challenges the status quo and acts with a sense of urgency to drive results.
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering or related disciplined required. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and/or Six Sigma training or certifications preferred.