Growing CNC Machining/industrial manufacturer is looking for a GM/Director of Operations to add to their leadership team.
The General Manager will manage day-to-day operations. This executive will develop and implement a variety of strategies to maximize operational efficiency and customer satisfaction while maintaining world class quality performance. The General Manager will provide oversight and guidance to team members, follow up on projects assigned to staff and interact with the customer on key initiatives.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of contemporary manufacturing methodologies, a working knowledge of CNC Machining and a proven track record of successfully managing a multisite, complex, fast paced operation.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the business unit and ensuring alignment with company priorities, goals and objectives.
• Work with Executive Management Team to formulate the vision, set strategic goals, and design and execute a plan of action.
• Meet with customers and potential customers to increase business and maintain a good working relationship.
• Review financial analysis and make budgetary adjustments as required.
• Work with Quality Department to ensure quality standards are met and upheld in all manufacturing and overhead departments.
• Ensure strategic direction, goals and objectives are communicated and flowed down to all
• Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree (BS) from an accredited four-year college or university, 10-15 years related experience and/or training preferred.
• Must possess excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to design and execute business strategies to address efficiency, quality or growth targets.
• Demonstrated track record in effective customer communication.
• Basic knowledge and experience with mechanicalprocesses including machining, fabrication, stamping, welding and coating.
• Experienced in the use of Word, Excel, ERP Systems and a working knowledge of production, costing, inventory control, and purchasing principles.
• Experience with six sigma philosophy is desired.