Please send resumes to Matt Albanese at
About The Company
Our client, DSV has been a global supplier of transport and logistics services for over 35years. With offices and facilities in more than 80 countries on six continents, they provide and run supply chain solutions for thousands of companies on a daily basis. DSV is divided into three divisions: Air & Sea, Road, and Solutions
The General Manager will direct all aspects of a multi- client, 140 dock door, 524,000 square foot operation by providing leadership and ensuring flawless performance and results, executing functional business plans and contributing to the development of operational strategies throughout the supply chain. This individual will serve as a primary customer interface for all leadership decisions regarding proposal approval and contract negotiations. This role is the Champion of overseeing local continuous improvement activities, LEAN practices, supply chain analysis, six sigma initiatives, and ISO activities. The * GM* will also develop marketing plans and assist in growing new business.
Role you will play:
* Responsible for leading and directing all phases of site operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, picking, packing and shipping
* Develops, monitors, and implements processes required to effectively manage company* s current activities and operations as well as its plans for growth
* Reviews the analyses of operational activities, expenditures/costs vs. forecast data to determine company progress toward state Key Performance Indicator goals and objectives
* Oversees internal workflows and organizational development; directs and oversees all staff-related activities and human resources functions
* Accountable for all budgetary management and cost control in relation to their facility/operations.
* Responsible for Inventory Management including accuracy, losses and damages.
* Responsible for peak season readiness and volume management
* Ensures that all company operations comply with federal, state, local, and/or company policies and regulations
* Coordinates with client and senior staff to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement processes to reduce costs and increase and/or improve quality for all network activities and client service
* Ensures that employees and managers have the required safety training and are consistently working in a safe manner; develops and implements safety programs to reduce accidents and injuries
* Work with customers and representatives of transportation companies to evaluate and promote services
* Improve productivity through efficient scheduling, vendor performance, adherence to standard operating procedures, and implementation of new service-oriented schedules
* Responsible for all labor/people management activity for the site including headcount management (temp and permanent), performance management and cost management.
* 4-Year College Degreepreferred, will consider equivalent experience or combination of education and experience
* Prefer 5 plus years* experience in a leadership role in a logistics/distribution/supply chain environment in an operations management capacity
* Varied industry vertical experience is preferred
* Must have 3PL experience in a high volume, multi-client facility
* End-to-End Supply Chain Knowledge (transportation, warehouse/distribution, ERP and logistics software, customer relations & compliance, budget creation & management)
* Must have multi-level, broad-range distributionexperience involving pick and pack and shipping in a high volume consumer products facility
* Strong Red Prairie/WMS/Inventoryexperiencerequired
* Budgeting and multiple P&L management experiencerequired
* Base salary
* Bonus potential
* 401k + other benefits