Delaware North Sportservice is hiring a General Manager for the brand new Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington. Climate Pledge Arena will be the world's first net zero carbon-certified arena.
Our ideal GM candidate shares our passion for delivering the highest quality of service to our guests - taking great pride in your work and the impact you have on a moment or occasion. You're an inspiring leader who understands that training and developing your team is critical to the operation and you can successfully manage people, processes, budgets and expenses effectively.
- Work collaboratively on design, construction and layout of food and retail locations
- Develop and manage all vendor relationships
- Maintain positive client relations through effective communication and prudent financial practices, while providing efficient services and quality products.
- Maintain management staff and ensure proper hiring and promoting of associates company standards.
- Determine and control staffing levels in an effort to maximize net returns to the client while maintaining satisfactory guest service levels.
- Make operational recommendations and establish prices for products and services within approved budget.
- Be held accountable for establishing and maintaining proper safety and sanitation procedures as well as ensuring proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Project manage as assigned
- Ensure unit compliance with federal, state, local, and company regulations regarding sale of alcohol, OSHA, payroll, employment and EEO guidelines.
- Verify, prepare and submit reports and monthly projections as required as well as ensure effective systems for cash, inventory and payroll procedures are in place.
- Prior new unit opening experience required
- Minimum of 7-10 years management experience in the contract foodservice industry, encompassing concessions and retail in a sports venue
- Extensive sustainability experience required
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Experience in a top 5 arena with union and NPO environment preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or similar
- Candidates with a strong commitment to customer and client relationships, integrity, leadership and team building skills and a dynamic approach
- Ability to communicate with various levels within the organization
- Operational financial management accountability and budgeting experience
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.