This position is responsible for the overall performance of the DNS LOB. Including; financial budget, business plan, product development, marketing, 3PL vendor relationships, commercial contracts, operations management, SLA/KPI reporting, AR/AP approval, and information technology solutions in support of APLL’s Deconsolidation Services. This includes developing and executing a comprehensive product business plan for the DNS LOB, aligning the marketing initiatives with the global business strategy and budget/revenue plans for the DNS Product, managing ongoing communication to the internal commercial sales organization, providing sales support, conducting competitive analysis, product performance, vendor selection and management.
Key Result Areas
• Develop and expand the services in support of APLL’s deconsolidation activities to include selection and contracting of 3PL vendors.
• Develop DNS business plan and financial budget and deliver profitability goals.
• Create, develop and distribute the DNS business plan and budget for the Americas Region and manage DNS G&A team and 3PL vendors to ensure successful performance against annual budgets.
• Interface with APLL commercial staff to ensure sound product promotion through product training, RFP support, collateral creation and customer pricing.
• Manage 3PL vendor and DNS G&A team development of SOP’s to drive operational performance and ensure customer SLA’s, KPI’s and account profitability is achieved.
• Focus on the improvement of DNS processes, to include IT solutions in order to ensure customer’s needs are met for high quality, cost-effective services, at the same time meeting Corporate values and objectives.
Key Accountabilities/Job Duties
• Develop 3PL vendor contracts and relationships in multiple geographies to execute product business plan focusing on operational core competencies, geographic reach, and product differentiation and segmentation in order to insure sound product positioning. Provide fact-based analysis and present business cases for new product opportunities.
• Develop the NAM DNS budget and manage resources and vendors to deliver budget profitability goals. Work closely with finance team with AR, AP and monthly financial close process to ensure proper account of financial performance. Responsible for managing, measuring and provide variance analysis on performance gaps.
• Manage DNS pricing process, including pipeline dashboard reporting, PowerPoint presentation material, support sales team with RFP responses and participate as needed in sales calls.
• Manage customer contracts, SLA’s, KPI’s, and day to day operational reporting, customer communication and problem resolution.
• Stay abreast of developments in the IT space, working closely with IT to improve DNS data and process flows, to proactively develop product enhancements in a dynamic competitive environment.
• Participate in presentations to customers, sales, and industry organizations, etc
• Build a high functioning team (G&A and 3PL Vendors) by organizing, planning and directing team to ensure an efficient DNS operation.
• Must possess exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience leading cross functional teams.
• Proven strategic and tactical skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in creating financial budgets and operating plans within the logistics environment.
• Strong PC skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & presentation software tools.
• Knowledge of TP trade, retail as key vertical
• Knowledge of CNS and IFS services
Education/Experience, skill sets, desired competencies.
• Required Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Logistics, or Business Administration, or a related field.
• Experiences - Minimum 3-5 years of experience in management role with knowledge of operational, financial, sales support, vendor management, pricing, preferably as it relates to international logistics and supply chains.
Valid through: 4/29/2021