General Manager Summary: Directs and coordinates activities of organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for achieving top line sales and operating income goals for each of the three business units (Equipment sales, Service, and Parts)
- Establish annual and long range business plans for all portions of the business (Sales, Service & Parts) including ARI share growth, market segment focus, product mix expectations, value-based propositions and long term investment strategies.
- Establish operating budgets for the factory district sales, service, and parts operations.
- Responsible for managing selling, general, and administrative costs to budget and adjust as necessary to achieve operating income goals.
- Evaluate performance of Sales, Service & Parts including monitoring performance results, maintaining product line sales balance and market share growth.
- Develop and lead the ongoing strategy for operational excellence and growth in the factory sales, service and parts areas.
- Lead and manage the factory sales, service, and parts leadership as they execute their business plan to meet their growth and financial objectives.
- Coordinate relationships between local equipment sales team and service organizations ensuring "one face to the customer" approach is utilized and the appropriate rules of engagement are followed.
- Coordinate and interface with various support groups to ensure the appropriate resources are available to the local office and marketplace.
- Provide communication to appropriate corporate functions regarding market and industry trends in areas such as pricing, quality, product needs, training and compensation.
- Work with Sales Manager to determine annual gross margin expectations for office and is responsible for providing direction in achieving those margins.
- Provide support to sales efforts through sales engineers to ensure activities are being maintained around pipeline, backlog and opportunity management through effective use of CRM software.
- Determines the product needs of the marketplace and work with Marketing to establish product development plans, and in conjunction with Daikin Applied's product line, solicit and secure representation of ancillary products that complement our selling efforts.
- Drives strategies for selling activities through the local Sales Manager to ensure highest probability of closure of each strategic opportunity.
- Coaches, mentors and develops all members of NYC staff through an effective performance management and development by creating personnel develop plans for all office activity to ensure employee self-improvement.
- Partners with HR and manager to instill accountability that is utilized to manage performance expectations of all personnel in an environment that promotes professional success.
- Support sales staff to educate and influence Architects and Consultants regarding value that Daikin Applied can bring to assist in producing Green/LEED projects and promote Daikin Applied as an Environmentally Responsible Manufacturer.
- Review market and competitor intelligence with all local managers through data collection of the sales team as well as continual analysis of territory and account potential.
- Ensure customer pre and post-sales support via parts and service groups.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, MBA preferred
- 10 or more years of related experience required in commercial HVAC direct Sales, parts distribution and service office management experience.
- Experience in managing a full P&L in line with the office revenue goals.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to present information to large groups of employees, customers or managers.
- Responsible for managing through several layers of Supervisors/Managers/Directors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.