Role: General Manager, Customer Experience
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
- Product Director, Member Channels
- Manager Customer Support ? Digital
- Analytics & Reporting Lead
- Business Process Optimization
Functional reports: Research
- Business Analysts
- Works closely with: Product Management
- Global Sales Leaders
- Product Engineering
The GM, Customer Experience will leverage customer insights through end to end feedback to reimagine, modernize and digitize our member experience with a goal of driving member/client engagement, improved utilization and retention while ensuring optimal operating efficiency.
- Build/lead a team to design the customer experience including the member app, live chat and other digital products to elevate the customer experience.
- Leveraging NPS, research data and end to end member journeys to systematically refine/enhance members multi channelexperience across the full life cycle (e.g on-boarding, first usages, repeat utilization etc)
- Provide thought leadership and manage international teams on digital and client-driven technology products and process development an deployment.
- Devise, implement and manage regional strategies with a particular focus on digital and engagement to deepen customer portfolio and deliver profitable revenue growth.
- Be the go-to person for client driven technology requests and which may extend beyond digital platforms.
- Support the sales teams globally in response to digital / technology product solutions RFP's/RFI's. Work with regional sales teams to determine and set client expectations on potential technology solutions.
- Clearly define and articulate product requirements, rally the team and collaborate with internal partners and external vendors to ensure end-to-end products delivery and support throughout the product lifecycle.
- Work closely and manage development teams to communicate the product vision, write user stories, business requirements specification, clarify use cases, requirements and resolve issues arising during development.
- Identify any potential enhancement to the system solutions during the requirements gathering stage of development projects.
- Evaluate selection of technology vendors / system solutions in collaboration with Group IT, taking into account existing technology capabilities, the need for innovation, sustainability and scalability to support our business.
- Institutionalise a culture of developing and delivering market-leading customer experiences across all touch-points, working with clients and the regions to understand customer perceptions and expectations of our service delivery.
- Establish metrics for defining the relationship with customers, technologies and channels
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Customer first mentality, having the mind-set and toolbox to understand what customers need and want, not just with what we deliver customers today, but also what we could delight them with tomorrow.
- Experience building global digital platforms across mobile, social and data assets
- Digital thought leadership experience in a consumer environment
- Solid relevant experience in product development and management with digital products
- Experience in agile/SCRUM development practice environment
- Experience in deploying and implementing mobile solutions and consumer facing online/web solutions would be a strong advantage. Possess a deep, holistic understanding of the mobile user experience. An ability to guide, provide direction and feedback on mobile platforms, modern web and user experience design, graphics, layout and transitions.
- Strong technical knowledge, problem solving and business analysis skills
- Strong project management skills and proven track record of implementing large skill projects to completion
- Demonstration of leading an analysis work stream for system solutions to support new products or a large programme involving aspects of business process change
- Proven leadership and people management skills. Strong track record in building, managing and motivating a team
- Prior development experience with Salesforce and automated marketing platforms
- Possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise to aggressive deadlines
- Results oriented approach with a "can-do" attitude
- Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstration of attitude which generates high level of trust and teamwork between various global colleagues
- Effective communication
- Work well within a matrix organization structure
Required Work Experience/Knowledge
- Minimum 10 - 15 years' experience in Product Development roles with strong digital consumer experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology and digital platforms
- Prior experience managing content marketing, digital platforms and data and analytics
- Exposure to agile development processes
- Geographical awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Other languages are also highly desirable
- Frequent Global Travel required