Arrow Electronics is looking for a senior Business Development professional to join our Global Supply Chain Solutions group.
What you’ll be doing:
This individual contributor role will use industry expertise and consultative sales experience to:
- Act as a single point of contact and create selling opportunities within targeted critical, large, multi-location, complex, and high visibility Arrow customers through a very strategic sales plan and process.
- Discover and execute on opportunities for sales of Arrow’s Global Supply Chain Solutions to large enterprise accounts.
- Have a thorough understanding of the customer’s needs and the customer’s decision-making hierarchy to proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Lead a strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Grow profit and maximizes margins by selling value-added, long-term solutions.
- Coordinate involvement of Arrow personnel; including sales support, service, and management resources, to meet account objectives and customers’ expectations. Typically manages a territory of accounts up to $125 million.
- Develop and build influential and strategic relationships at target companies at the senior management/decision-maker/C-level.
- Utilize distribution/rep/supplier knowledge to grow sales and profits within target customers.
- Build strong relationships with suppliers’ reps and managers, leveraging these relationships to receive future product development and supply chain solution information.
- Develop relationships with key personnel in marketing, product development, manufacturing, purchasing and engineering at accounts.
- Utilize Arrow’s key leadership when working with key customers and suppliers.
- Plan, manage and oversee all the RFQ’s signed off within their assigned customers.
- Ensure that all RFQ activities and strategies are well established, communicated, addressed, and agreed upon within Arrow guidelines, policies, and procedures. Directly participate in the review and negotiation of significant contracts.
- Have an in-depth, comprehensive understanding of Arrow’s market share in each assigned account, the top competitor’s market share in those accounts and can identify the type of business each competitor is supporting and why.
- Consistently maintains a dominant market share position at each assigned account.
- Take an innovative and creative approach to supplier and customer action plans and has expert understanding of the customer’s business at all levels and disciplines of the organization.
What we are looking for:
- 10-12 years’ experience and a thorough knowledge of the electronic components distribution and global supply chain industries is required.
- Strong existing relationships deep and wide inside the industry.
- The ability to build and leverage relationships and identify key decision makers.
- Expert consultative sales skills and the ability to convert leads into opportunities.
- Ability to work with a team to develop a customized solution.
- In-depth knowledge of the market in the SF Bay area
- Ability to travel up to 30%