General Manager ( Broadcasting ) – South Bend, IN
General Manager will be responsible for oversight and development of one television station and two FM radio stations and the corresponding production department and related staff. This position leads the efforts to provide high quality, family friendly and financially viable television and radio programming.
****Position is located in South Bend, IN and company will pay for relocation.
- Manages the development of strategic plans; executes plans, implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational and departmental goals and objectives consistent with the mission of the corporation.
- Creates or secures high quality television programing that will attract and increase viewership while working with staff on client development; taking measures to ensure the station viability and growth.
- Cultivates relationships with business clients in the community that will lead to new and increased revenue opportunities.
- Supervise technical and administrative support staff.
- Manage the operations for television and radio and respective support departments including but not limited to budgeting, physical and financial asset management, and resources planning.
- Ensures compliance with the FCC and all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or related broadcasting field, and 5-10 years of experience combined in Marketing, Community Relations, and Broadcasting.
- Previous management & sales experience within broadcasting required.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial and public broadcasting and instructional technologies.
- Knowledge of television production.