Sodexo has immediate opening for a General Manager, Environmental Services temporary to full-time opportunities, traveling regionally and/or nationally (85% to 100%) for our National Leadership Certification Program; which will help us strenghten our talent pool for new sale and existing business. We are currently hiring Mid to Senior Level General Managers with Large Volume, Multi-Unit experience in Hospitals, Corporate Services, Campus, Senior Living, School Nutrition and Government accounts for an exciting High Potential Management Development Program focused on enhancing business acumen for Large Account operations.
Our client accounts span multiple markets across the U.S. offering you a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth in Hospitals, Universities, K-12 Schools, Corporate, Senior Living and Government accounts. #LI
Open a NEW Account as our next GM3 EVS with the support of the US Leader in Facilities Management behind you! Apply today to be considered for our highly selective Management Development Program which includes Classroom, Virtual, and Blue Chip Account training.
Opportunities are nationwide; preferred areas include the Northeast & Central US.
Are you the one? We select Environmental Services GMs with proven success in driving client engagement and increasing customer & employee satisfaction. We look for solid knowledge of Environmental Services & Custodial operations, budgets, surveys and inspections; previous participation in Regulatory Compliance is a plus!
You must be able to relocate in the Northeast OR Southwest Region, or any additional states for this opportunity. You will also travel extensively during this Training Program - 6 months+ is possible.
Working for Sodexo: How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to your career growth through continuous learning, mentoring and job opportunities. We believe it’s important for work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to this mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years