Sodexo is seeking a General Manager of Custodial/Environmental Services for Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is a hospital located in Greenville, North Carolina (one hour away from Raleigh, NC.) It is the primary teaching hospital for East Carolina University's Brody School of Medicine and is the flagship medical center for Vidant Health System. This teaching hospital has 900 beds and 2 million cleanable square feet.
The ideal candidate will have prior GM / Director Level Operational responsibility for an Environmental Services/Custodial department with direct Manager Reports and front-line staff in a healthcare/hospital environment. Driving high Patient Satisfaction scores, developing people, providing strategic business plans that drive efficiencies and excellent client/customer satisfaction is required. The candidate will oversee two acute care hospital on campus. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop positive relationships. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities at once in a fast paced environment.
Exceptional communication, unit financial, interpersonal and technical skills are necessary. This individual must have good knowledge of Sodexo ES operating systems including FOSS and CARES, TRAKKAR and SHINE. Must have proven record to drive HCAHPS results to a high level and understand ENGAGE patient satisfaction process. Overall, will need to motivate hourly staff and maintain cleaning quality to a very high level. Driving client engagement and patient/employee satisfaction is essential for the success of this role. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in successfully achieving consistent, high levels of customer satisfaction with patients, visitors, staff and multiple key clients. The selected candidate will also need to have the ability to hardwire systems in order to ensure a sustained effort of achieving standards and she/he must be diligent with follow through and visibility within the hospital.
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years
System ID 66576