Honor the Promise.
At Argo Group, that is what our US Claims team of approximately 200 employees does each and every day. When the unexpected happens, our Adjusters honor the promise of our insurance policy and do our part to get our insured back to business. With paramount integrity and technical excellence, our Claims team delivers superior financial results to all stakeholders of the claim. We hire the best people, so we can deliver the best result.
We are looking for an exceptional General Liability & Severe Bodily Injury Senior Claims Adjuster to join our team and work from any of our office locations.
So what's it like to work on the Argo Group US Team?
Well, it's different, and different can be good. We do not treat our claims or our claims professionals as a commodity. The work we offer is challenging and diversified. Our Adjusters and Managers are empowered to exercise their independent discretion and, within broad limits and authority, be creative in developing solutions and treat each case as the unique situation it is. We have a very flat organizational structure, so that our Adjusters and Managers have more opportunities to interact with our senior management team, especially when it comes to reviewing large losses. Our entire claims team works in a collaborative nature to expeditiously resolve claims. We offer a work environment that inspires innovation and is open to employee suggestions, even offering a reward for the best creative idea each quarter. We allow fully performing employees the flexibility to work from their home up to two days a week once they have been fully trained. While we work hard, a work/life balance is just as important so that our employees are fully focused while working.
Sound like a team you would like to join?
First you'll want to make sure you embody our core values as they are the key to our success:
- We desire to excel
- We are committed to our clients and to each other
- We have the courage to do the right thing
- We apply original thinking
Second, you'll want to make sure the challenge sounds interesting to you. In this role you will:
- Interact with our customers each and every day via email, telephone, and written correspondence.
- Using your highly specialized knowledge in general liability and severe bodily injury casualty claims, adjudicate very complex claims for Argo's Landscape Program.
What will you need to be successful here?
- A minimum of seven years' experience adjudicating claims with extensive familiarity with general liability and severe bodily injury casualty claims.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and a passion for continued learning.
- Ability to articulate the financial value of your work at multiple responsibility levels inside our clients' business which may include the CEO.
- We work in a fast paced environment that is evolving constantly; so flexibility and the ability to thrive in change are important to be successful here.
- With lots of tasks competing for your time, excellent time management and prioritization skills are important.
- Like the other Adjusters you will be working with, you'll need a good head on your shoulders to create innovative strategies to resolve claims to the best possible outcome.
- Natural curiosity is key.
- Being able to communicate with empathy is crucial.
- An appreciation and passion for strong claim management.
What will we provide to you?
- An opportunity to be your best and work with talented and inventive professionals at a Company Forbes magazine named to its list of America's 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies for the last two years and that A.M. Best has rated an 'A' (Excellent) for 13 consecutive years.
- An attractive Total Rewards package that includes:
- Base pay and profit sharing.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to protect and enhance your life and your dependents' lives by way of health and wellness plans, life insurance, a matching 401(k) Plan, generous PTO and an opportunity to become a shareholder at a 15% discount.
- Argo Academy, a digital and instructor-led platform that helps us focus on continuous learning and which, by the way, got us named in Training magazine as one of the 2017 Training Top 125 Companies!
- Opportunities to support your local community though various outreach programs or by matching your gift to charitable causes by 150%.
- An Employee Referral program, that resulted in 30% of all new hires last year.