- CACI is searching for aGeneral Ledger Senior Accountantto join our Corporate Accounting team at our Arlington, VA headquarters. If you have a solid background in government cost accounting and hands-on experience with systems like Costpoint and Workday, then we would like to hear from you.
What you'll get to do:
- Prepare pertinent month-end journal entries and month-end balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations
- Review, investigate and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of expenses
- Manage the accounting of Fixed Assets and Leasehold Improvements, including review and approval of all documents and preparation of reconciliations
- Manage the accounting for all Prepaid Expenses, including review and approval of all documents and preparation of reconciliations.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), SOX Controls and other company procedures
- Participate in the management of the Company's financialaudit process with our External Auditors
- Provide support and guidance to other Accounting team members
More about this role:
- You may design, modify, install and/or maintain general accounting systems to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial statements
- May perform statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings
You'll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 7+ years of related Accountingexperience
- Working knowledge of Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits, US Government (USG) compliance and SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) filing requirements
- Proficient understanding of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles), FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Experience using Deltek CostPoint, MS Excel, Workday, and Query and Reporting tools
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.