Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides dental care for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Treats primary and secondary teeth and constructs and places bridges, dentures, and obturating appliances suitable for growing arches.
- Fabricates space maintainers designed for patients.
- Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures.
- Counsels and advises patients and family on growth and development dental problems of patient.
- Provides preventive services through use of fluorides and sealants and instructs patient and family members on dental care.
- Provides education in oral and dental hygiene.
- Supervise office staff, including hygienists, dental assistants, receptionists and other office staff.
- Adheres to safety protocols and processes including but not limited to ensuring protective equipment is utilized and OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
- Participate in morning huddles, chart reviews and routine office meetings.
- All other duties and responsibilities allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients on dental health.
- Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous demeanor with patients.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- DDS or DMDdegree, licensed in state in which practicing or have the ability to obtain licensure upon graduation.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate