As a licensed dentist, a general dentist provides general dentistry services, including the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform General dentistry services, including the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums and related oral structures.
- Examine patients to determine the nature of the condition affecting the patient, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments and other diagnostic procedures.
- Clean, fill, extract and replace teeth, using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications and surgical implements.
- Provide preventive dental services and education in oral and dental hygiene.
- Supervise office staff, including hygienists, dental assistants, receptionists and other office staff.
- Coordinate laboratory services for the dental office.
- Adheres to safety protocols and processes including but not limited to ensuring protective equipment is utilized and OSHA/Bloodborne pathogen requirements are followed.
- Participate in morning huddles, chart reviews and routine office meetings.
- All other duties and responsibilities allowed under applicable state laws and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to quality patient care and enjoy educating patients on dental health.
- Effective communication skills; demonstrates professional and courteous demeanor with patients.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- DDS or DMDdegree, licensed in state in which practicing or have the ability to obtain licensure upon graduation.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Completion of a general practice residency (GPR) or advanced education general dentistry residency (AEGD) preferred.