InCloudCounsel is seeking a General Counsel to join our rapidly growing company. InCloudCounsel modernizes legal processes, globally, for many of the world's leading companies. We offer scalable, end-to-end solutions for processing routine contracts and abstracting complex documents by pairing our worldwide network of experienced lawyers with AI-enabled software. We also offer the first purpose-built software tool designed to help funds manage their obligations.
As our first dedicated in-house counsel, you will assume responsibility for the day-to-day legal operations of our global company. The General Counsel role is the chief manager of risk at InCloudCounsel, all while enabling the business to remain innovative and thrive. The role interfaces with all key roles across the business from the executive level to independent contributors and across all departments. In addition to managing day to day legal operations, you will also be responsible for preparing the company for its next stage of growth. The GC will report directly to our COO and Co-Founder and will receive a competitive compensation package, including full benefits. The preferred locations for this role are San Francisco, Los Angeles, or New York.*
*Until further notice, all InCloudCounsel employees are working remotely from home.
- Risk Management: manage risk while enabling the business; identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Legal Partnerships: navigate regulatory and ethical issues around the practice of law; manage the company’s strategy and counsel the account management, sales, legal community, and product teams around the company’s enablement of the attorneys in our network.
- Regulatory: leverage knowledge of business goals and regulatory challenges to drive a unified regulatory strategy; ensure all company practices are compliant with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Product Counsel: provide product counsel around updates to the existing product and potential future products with an understanding of the ethical and regulatory framework around the practice of law, as well as relevant IP, security or other concerns.
- Employment: support the People team with employee issues, including with respect to our rapid international growth.
- Business Growth: develop strategies to scale legal support as the business grows; understand company-wide Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and the legal team’s role in helping the company hit its goals.
- Legal Operations: put in place frameworks around how we think about our toughest legal issues
Skills & Requirements:
- Education: JD required, preferably from a top school
- Experience: 5+ years of Big Law experience or a combination of Big Law (minimum 2 years) and in-house experience
- Work Toward “Yes:” strong inclination to figure out ways to do things rather than reasons not to; don’t be a rubber stamp, but don’t be a stop sign.
- Broad Legal Acumen: comfort working across a range of legal issues (i.e. regulatory, product, employment, privacy, general corporate housekeeping, etc.) and experience learning new legal concepts on the job.
- Advocacy: ability to effectively advocate for a position while navigating through pushback; many of your colleagues will be former lawyers - strike a balance between gathering input and providing clear counsel.
- Attention to Detail: extreme regard for detail and commitment to delivering accurate and flawless work.
- Communication: mature, thoughtful and effective communication across all mediums.
- Teamwork: effectiveness working across a highly-distributed, multi-functional team; ability to support the company’s needs in a respectful, thoughtful, and collaborative manner consistent with the company’s culture
- Cross-Functional Efficacy: ability to work on large, complex projects involving stakeholders from across the company while managing towards achieving the company’s goals.