Brand Networks offers advertising optimization and insights combining paid social media, programmatic display, and video. The company delivers award-winning adtech and services to hundreds of enterprise customers, including 71 of the AdAge 100 Leading National Advertisers and 14 of the 25 biggest US companies as ranked in the Fortune 500. The first and only Artificial Intelligence-based platform for social advertising, Iris by Brand Networks helps brands and agencies maximize time savings and performance, and helps media teams work better, faster, and smarter, together.
We are looking for an excellent General Counsel to add value to and be the “backbone” of our business. You will ensure that the company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on all legal issues, and ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure. You will be responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of agreements, including master services agreements, license agreements, vendor and partner agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts both domestically and internationally. Experience in digital advertising, privacy laws (domestic and international) and intellectual property is required.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Services, Marketing, Sales, Human Resources, Finance and Product/Engineering.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
- Base your decision making process on ethics and integrity.
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients, partners).
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas.
- Provide assistance with global joint ventures, divestitures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide training to company on substantive legal topics.
- Judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, works with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approves settlements of disputes where warranted.
- Structure and manage the company’s internal legal function.
- Oversee the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Advise on legal aspects of the company’s financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Advise on marketing and branding issues related to trademark and copyright law.
- Attend executive level meetings related to the future direction of the company, pending mergers and acquisitions, and changes in policy.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- 10+ years’ legal practice experience or proven general counseling experience in business environment.
- Proven understanding of national and international labor, trademark and copyright laws.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Well-versed in business operations with financial acumen.
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, employment law, intellectual property, privacy laws, etc).
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.