The successful candidate should be highly accomplished in their legal profession with general industrial business knowledge. He/She must have experience working collaboratively in a global environment and serving on business leadership teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a member of the executive leadership team and an active contributor to determine the direction of the company.
- Directs and manages all company legal functions worldwide.
- Champions the importance of legal, regulatory, and ethical practices company-wide.
- Updates and maintains legal registrations in all jurisdictions, including foreign.
- Ensures that all company policies and processes comply with local law.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on legislation to keep current with the aerospace industry.
- Advises executives, managers, and employees on legal issues.
- Develops and makes presentations on legal compliance and ethics.
- Negotiates, drafts, and reviews large contracts.
- Assists with the management and negotiation of M&A activity.
- Required to travel up to 50% of time.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to execute on multiple projects in the same time period
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to act ethical and professionally regardless of the situation
- Must have the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must have an understanding of the global environment and how to work cross-culturally.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and Juris Doctor with 10+ years of experience as an attorney, 5 of which managing a corporate legal department in an industrial business to business setting.
- Must have M&A experience.
- FAA and Aerospace experience is desired.