ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines insurance policies, claims, and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Interviews, telephones, or corresponds with claimant(s) and witnesses regarding claim.
- Consults police and hospital records; and inspects property damage to determine extent of company's liability and varying methods of investigation according to type of insurance.
- Estimates cost of repair, replacement, or compensation.
- Prepares report of findings and negotiates settlement with claimant.
- Recommends litigation by legal department when settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Attends litigation hearings.
- Revises case reserves in assigned claims files to cover probably costs.
- Prepares loss experience reports to help determine profitability and calculates adequate future rates.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Must have earned the IIA-AIC designation and be actively pursuing another professional insurance designation.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies.