- Investigates commercial insurance claims in any of a variety of settings.
- Uses knowledge of property and construction, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected, personally conduct property inspections and photograph claim sites as necessary to depict and substantiate losses or damage, or the lack thereof.
- Obtains necessary information from the claimant and from experts such as architects, engineers, builders, constructionworkers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, and others to fully and accurately assess the extent of the loss.
- Works cooperatively with expert witnesses, attorneys, public adjusters, and carrier’s examiners as needed to conduct investigations, confirm findings and support evaluations.
- Applies understanding of insurance policies and policy interpretation, establishing appropriate loss estimates based on all relevant information and findings.
- Recommends the reasonable and proper amount the insurance company should pay on a claim.
- Ensures the accuracy of information collected and reported and guard against fraudulent claims, based on critical issues identified and accurate conclusions drawn.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers on conclusions and recommendations.
- Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required.
- Ability to understand claims adjudication process.
- 6-10 years' experience in commercial property adjusting or other insurance-related work to include Xactimate experience.
- Sound knowledge of commercial and residential construction industries.
- Knowledge of property claim law; skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential.
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Active license, or ability to promptly obtain such, in the assigned state(s).