Our client, a well-known manufacturer of Consumer Products is seeking their General Accounting Manager to join their Southern CT. location.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Manage General Accounting (GA) processes, including monthly closing and reporting steps for legal entities in North America.
- Insure compliance with Corporate Accounting Standards and with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Provide direction and guidance to GA team in Manila Shared Service Center responsible for executing the GA processes assigned to them.
- Review and approve monthly account reconciliations prepared by Shared Services Center.
- Provide information and analysis to External and Internal audit teams as requested.
- Effectively utilize core financial systems (SAP).
- Interface with Global colleagues concerning GA topics such as intercompany, cash controls, accounting standard changes, internal reporting changes, etc..
- CPA (Big 4) or a Master's degree in business with accounting concentration.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to perform occasional domestic and international travel.
- Key contributor to tactical implementation of finance strategy.