This person will interact closely with various departments within the Dynacraft headquarters and personnel throughout the Controllers’ organization.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Manage – The day-to-day accounting functions related to general accounting, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets. Responsible for supervising, mentoring and motivating a staff size of two.
Business Partner – Actively engage with Operations personnel to improve processes, review Six Sigma savings calculations, actively support the management team, serving as the Assistant Controller when the Assistant Controller is off-site. Direct business partner for the Texas plant personnel interacting with the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Managers and Facilities / Manufacturing Manager.
General Accounting – Ensure timely and accurate completion of analytical reports and accounts reconciliations. Responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting and reporting including quarterly analysis prepared for PACCAR Corporate Consolidations. Ensure proper reporting of fixed assets and capital projects.
Forecast – Provide support for the financial analyst with monthly overhead forecasts including variance analysis. Assist with the annual overhead budget process including preparation of senior management presentation and variance analysis.
Month-end – Manage the month-end cycle by coordinating workflow, preparing and reviewing various journal entries, analyzing key accounts and reporting results to the financialreporting group. Review of department expenditures and the actual to budget comparison. Review of executive financial comments.
Special Projects – assist with special projects including system implementations, initiate various process improvements utilizing Six Sigma tools, implement SAP refinements to improve reporting, etc.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS/BA Accounting Degree required
- 8 + years of relevant accounting experience with increasing responsibility
- Excellent analytical and technical accounting skills required.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills, emphasizing continuous improvement.
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail with a “big picture” focus.
- Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple projects from beginning to end.
- Deadline-driven and self-motivated.
- Strong computer skills, and proficiency in Excel and Access
- Ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks and changing priorities while meeting non-negotiable deadlines.
- Big 4 public accounting experience highly preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
Bachelor's Degree in Accountingrequired
CPA Professional Certification or MBA preferred