General Manager -- Distribution Center Operations
Dollar Tree’s team in our Stockton, CA distribution center is looking to add a strong leader to our management team that is results-driven and a people-focused leader. We are a fast-paced, high volume, full case operation in a large fully automated retail distribution warehouse. This building is part of a nationwide supply chain network for Dollar Tree Storesthat includes 23 DCs and growing.
The General Manager (GM) at Dollar Tree has overall responsibility for the effective operation of the Distribution Center (DC) including, organizational development, productivity improvements, attainment of financial goals, direct management of staff and departmental functions and compliance with all related local and federal laws. They also ensure that high standards of safety, quality, and customer service are met in the process of delivering merchandise to the stores.
What you'll be doing:
Key Responsibilities/Job Duties (listed in order of importance):
- Develop solutions to problems of highly unusual complexity
- Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives and approaches to the successful operations of the distribution center.
- Ensure stores are supplied with ordered merchandise in a safe, timely and efficient manner
- Establish productivity and quality goals and ensures that these goals are met
- Direct and take overall responsibility for short and long term planning, budgetary and expense control, and implementation of operational policies, programs and systems
- Monitor, evaluate, assess, manage, develop, and revise key productivity indicators in order to control costs
- Assist Director and Vice President of Distribution Center Operations with special projects and identification of operational best practices
- Monitor results of quality, accuracy, safety and housekeeping evaluations to ensure adherence to company standards
- Maintain accountability for staff hiring, orientation, training, performance evaluations, pay increases and associate development
- When necessary, ensure disciplinary actions or discharge measures are taken
- Share and provide appropriate information and anticipates information needs of all distribution associates
- Oversee and monitor facility maintenance; ensure buildings, grounds, and equipment are functional and properly maintained
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration or logistics preferred
- Eight (8) years of distribution center management and operations experience, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of distribution center practices and procedures
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to assess, manage, train, mentor, and develop talent
- Strong analytical ability to gather and interpret information and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Requires rapid and thorough independent decision making and creative problem solving skills, good judgment as well as the ability to accept personal and departmental accountability for areas of responsibility
- PC Skills including experience with warehouse management systems, such as AS400; strong MS Office Suite knowledge to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook; familiarity with the Internet and Internet based applications
What we offer you: ?
Dollar Tree offers a full benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals.
Why Dollar Tree?
Dollar Tree is a: ?
Priceless Experience: A career with Dollar Tree also comes with a lot of variety. It's a fun career that allows you to wear a different hat every day.
Big Company with Big Ideas: We are the nation's leading operator of single price point dollar stores with more than 4,600 locations in 48 states, a $7 billion corporate owned chain. ?
Valuable Partner: We're all on the same team at Dollar Tree. We're about people treating each other with respect, camaraderie and a sense of joint purpose.
Career Growth Opportunity: If you have the drive and energy, a career with Dollar Tree can take you just about anywhere you want to go.
Place We Can All Profit: Why not have your cake and eat it too? Work for a great company and in return get a great benefits package that shows our appreciation.