Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle's Norwell Analytical Chemistry Services Laboratory (ACS) is a nationally recognized environmental and agricultural chemistry laboratory that has specialized in non-routine analyses for government and industry since 1980. We are now seeking a Master Technician to support our expanding laboratory operations.
- Implement analytical methodologies, acquire materials needed, perform standard preparation and validation in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Analyze environmental samples by GC/MS, GC/FID, and GC/ECD, evaluate data for acceptability and produce data packages.
- Conduct and document appropriate quality control and assurance procedures for monitoring and evaluating the quality of data.
- Conduct all activities and documentation under Battelle SOP guidelines.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations and prepare data for project managers, as requested.
- Enter data and observations into LIMS.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or other physical science, with eight to ten years of experience
- Associate degree in chemistry and a minimum of ten years of chemistry laboratory work experience
- Strong knowledge of GC/MS, GC/FID, and/or GC/ECD systems and operation.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Knowledge of LC/MS/MS systems and operation.
- Experience in the analysis of environmental samples by LC/MS/MS
- Proficiency in Analyst® and Multiquant™ software platforms.
- Proficiency in Chemstation® and Enviroquant™ software platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of EPA GLP guidelines and agricultural regulatory requirements.
- HAZWOPER training
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision or as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.