Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a GBSD GN&C Principal Embedded Software Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT with 50% travel to El Segundo, CA through Q4 2021 with 10% travel afterwards, and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here. What you'll get to do:
- Design, develop, document, test and debugshard real-time embedded software containing logical and mathematical solutions.
- Initial work will focus on developing test software for an embedded computer.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of embedded systems for safety and mission critical software.
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers in an Agile environment to meet critical milestones.
- Ensure program mandated software standards and compliance criteria are met. Understands and can develop in a continuous integration tool chain meeting technical and compliance requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.