Facilitate, lead, and manage the integration of the ELIS business unit into the ABB landscape. Motivate, lead and engage team members to work together to standardize, optimize, identify and drive efficient Accounts Receivable processes. Provide management and leadership to the Accounts Receivable function.
Strategy and policy
- Develop and implement in alignment with US AR Manager, strategic plan for the Accounts Receivable Department of the ELIS Division to meet commitments and deliver high quality services to business partners in line with agreed upon service levels
- Work as a key member of the GBS AR leadership team to establish a culture within the GBS Accounting Center which promotes professional ownership of service levels
- Enforce ABB Group Accounting standard, ABB's Accounting and Reporting Guidelines, and local GAAP compliance and compliance with ABB Group Charter
- Implement best practices and continuously optimize those best practices to gain efficiencies and drive productivity gains
- Lead Internal Control for ELIS over Financial Reporting compliance and reporting for Accounts Receivable
- Lead, implement and supervise implementation of collection and credit risk management solutions for ELIS in alignment with US policy and practices.
- Lead and coordinate with GBS Hub and Front Office Cash Application and AR Dispute Management to ensure service levels are met in accordance with GBS guidelines.
- Drive ELIS integration project ensuring alignment in the "go forward" structure.
- Drive month-end closing activities following accounting principles and reporting schedules
People management and development
- Provide ELIS leadership to Accounts Receivable staff to ensure commitment and deliver high quality services
- Coach, guide, motivate, engage and develop the ELIS Accounts Receivable staff
- Set targets for ELIS Accounts Receivable staff
- Manage ELIS relationships with business partners to ensure that services are defined and delivered in line with agreed upon service levels
- Promote professional ownership of services provided to business partners.
- Develop relationship with business partners.
- Commit to customer focus and customer satisfaction to ensure business partners are provided the service levels agreed
2 | P a g e
- Enhance internal control environment
- Identify opportunities for process improvement by implementing best practices
- Actively drive cash collection in line with Group guidelines and cooperate with global initiatives in credit and
- Provide professional and timely credit assessments to business partners
- Proactively work together with key stakeholders outside of the Accounts Payable department and the
Accounting Center to drive end-to-end improvements in the Order to Cash process
- Actively participate in and contribute to periodic review meetings with internal customers to action steps for
further process and service improvement
- Drive process improvements in all areas leading to harmonization and standardization
- Support and participate in safety, compliance, business ethics, Group Charter, communications and other related
- Ensure alignment of Accounting Center processes to Group solutions and best practices
- Actively work towards the goal of harmonized and standardized processes throughout the Group
- Minimum of 5 years of accounts receivable experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have previous experience in managing a collections team
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Advance analytical skills
- Knowledge of USGAAP
- Knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting and internal control procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Systems experience - Oracle, GetPAID, SAP, SAP FSCM, Business Objects, PowerBI
- L6S experience/process improvement