Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 62 days ago
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking a GBS Finance - Six Sigma Manager for the Cary, North Carolina location. You will be leading high value, cross functional Lean Six Sigma projects to improve standardization and performance of processes, support aggressive business growth. Project leadership includes identifying and justifying opportunities, launching cross functional project teams, employing exceptional project management skills, leading teams to execute projects with the problem solving methodology, tracking project status and results, removing and elevating project barriers, and developing team members. Serve as a mentor to site Six Sigma Green Belts.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conduct, coordinate and complete projects identified and selected by Global Business Services (GBS) Front Office Manager, including financial tracking and validation with impact on specific metrics (e.g. Drive Performance Optimization (DPO), Distribution System Operators (DSO)), Customer satisfaction and business growth.
• Conduct statistical analysis in the financial and performance metrics (DPO, DSO, etc…).
• Apply statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, quality and basic financial principles to analyze planned activities.
• Review, direct and communicate flow of information among various groups to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing business goals.
• Influence decisions of site leadership and internal customers.
• Negotiate, implement changes and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
• Lead and direct cross-functional improvement teams.
• Act as a mentor of LEAN/Six Sigma principles educating GBS Front Office team members but also the business.
• Collaborate and prepare concise presentations to site leadership.
• Foster strong and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
• Support the GBS Front Office communication ensuring consistency and clarity to the business.
• Participate in ad hoc projects in the local and/or global GBS structure.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and minimum 3 years of Lean or Global Business Services (GBS) project related experience.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to lead groups, achieve cooperation, reach agreements and resolve conflicts with 100% Project related experience.
• Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills.
• Demands a highly collaborative, results oriented change agent.
• Experience in international environment.
• Previous or current Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
**Ability to work in USA without Visa assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB