The Gattex US Marketing Director leads the team responsible for the development and execution of the US marketing strategy for Gattex. This role is accountable for delivering the short-term and long-term financial and strategic marketing objectives for the product in the US, including accountability for achieving revenue, market share, and A&P expenditure targets. The role has direct leadership responsibilities for the US Marketing team, including coaching and professional development, and works collaboratively with them and with a broad range of stakeholders across the organization to define and deliver the key elements of the marketing strategy.
The US Marketing Director is also provides input into the cross-functional Late Stage Portfolio Team (LPT) for Gattex/Revestive, which has overall responsibility and accountability for setting the strategic direction and managing the lifecycle of the products. In this capacity, the role is responsible for providing input from the US commercial perspective into LPT decision making and is jointly accountable with other LPT members for defining and delivering PST-level objectives, deliverables and programs. This role also collaborates with Sales Leadership, International Marketing and other Franchise stakeholders to maintain alignment of strategies and programs.
Job Function and Description
- Develop short and long range integrated marketing strategies for the products in line with broader business objectives
- Lead implementation of programs and tactics to deliver against defined strategies
- Maintain overall accountability for the A&P budget and expenses, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Monitor and assess changes in the industry and the competitive landscape that have implications on strategies and programs
- Collaborate with International Marketing, Sales Leadership and other relevant franchise stakeholders to align strategies
- Deliver financial objectives (revenue, market share and A&P expense targets) for the products.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of commercial objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of resources supporting those objectives
- Contribute input into the Late Stage Portfolio Team, effectively representing the US commercial perspective in team decisions and collaborating across LPT functions in defining and delivering LPT-level objectives, deliverables and programs.
- Ensure understanding of and adherence to all relevant internal and external policies or guidelines related to the team’s activities and deliverables
- Manage structure, selection and performance assessment for US Marketing team personnel
- Provide / guide development of staff skills and capabilities, foster a #one for all culture for direct reports, and directly or indirectly ensure the same for all members of the commercial team
Education and Experience Requirements
- College degreerequired, MBA preferred
- 10 years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including 7years of marketing experience
- GI therapeutic area experience/knowledge preferred
- Sales, sales leadership and in-line brand management experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated success in leading teams and managing & developing direct reports
- Demonstrated success in marketing, strategy formulation and complex cross-functional problem solving
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Highly developed collaborative leadership skills, including consensus building, information sharing, and communication of priorities and expectations across functions in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate a clear vision and inspire teams and team members to achieve objectives.
- Ability to act decisively and exercise sound judgment in making decisions with limited information
- Ability to assess complex issues, evaluate potential solutions with both quantitative and qualitative analysis and develop business cases to gain alignment on key strategic decisions
- Ability to interface with key individual and organizational customers, industry contacts, and suppliers, using tact and diplomacy so as to accomplish corporate objectives.
- Ability to manage complex budgets and achieve financial targets
- Highly developed understanding of the US promotional regulatory environment
- Superior communication, negotiation, presentation, and influencing skills
- Excellent people management skills, including objective setting, evaluation, providing feedback, developing talent and creating a BRAVE culture
- Proven ability to influence without authority and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Must be a fast learner, creative and flexible, results oriented and thorough
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Drives timely decision making on marketing strategy through quality assessment of issues and options, including input from team members and key stakeholders and consideration of defined processes and standards
- Authorized to make strategic and operational decisions in area of responsibility, referring those that have broader commercial or business impact to the Global Commercial Lead or PSL and/or other senior business leaders.
- Provides input and gives direction to multiple functions within the company regarding commercial and strategy issues impacting the products
- Consistently works through abstract and complex cross-functional situations and incorporates assessment of intangible variables into problem solving
Other Job Requirements
- Domestic and some international travelrequired
- Ability to travel overnight ≤ 30%
Req ID: R0020687