This position will be directly responsible for leading a team of Project Engineers focused on the design of gas transmission Station (i.e., Plant) and Bio-Gas facilities. This individual will supervise a group of approximately seven engineers and provide oversight of project scope and design. This individual is one of three supervisors that will manage the engineering of 70 to 100 station projects annually with a total estimated project value over $180 million. The successful candidate will be degreed engineer with at least 8 years of gas transmission station engineering or relevant/transferrable energy industry engineering experience. In addition, the successful candidate shall possess excellent communication skills and be able to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Safety: Be an advocate for safety and lead by example. Incorporate safety into all work activities and products, including field activities and project designs. Ensure that safe practices and procedures are communicated to all employees and incorporated and followed in all activities.
- Leadership: Create and communicate a clear vision, direction and roles and responsibilities for the work group. Collaborate with other organizations within Gas Operations and PG&E to insure the effective use of resources and the cooperation of all organizations that participate in the execution of projects.
- Management: Provide mentoring and development to maintain a highly qualified team. Work with employees to prepare individual employee goals and development plans and measure progress relative to goals/plans. Manage work assignments to effectively execute the highest priority projects and tasks.
- Resource Management: Recruit and develop new talent as workload dictates. Contract for additional engineering resources as needed to effectively execute project workload.
Capital and Expense Projects:
- Responsible for overseeing the design and engineering of gas transmission station facilities including; compressor stations, gas processing facilities, metering facilities, regulating facilities, Bio-Gas interconnect facilities and various auxiliary systems/facilities.
- Ensure that all designs meet applicable codes and PG&E standards.
- Ensure all project work incorporates industry best practices with an emphasis on safety and compliance while ensuring a reliable and cost effective end result.
- Promote employee engagement and team work.
- Develop appropriate processes and procedures to insure the overall effectiveness of the work that the group performs.
- Work closely with other groups within Gas Operations to prioritize project work and insure alignment with the overall objectives of Gas Operations.
- Provide engineering review and input on conceptual designs, design reviews, calculations and engineering and construction documents.
- Interface with contractors, engineering, and field personnel to facilitate resolving technical issues.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in gas transmission system design, maintenance and operations. Depending on your experience, become a Subject Matter Expert in your area of expertise and provide oversight, consulting, technical support and document updates.
- Code Compliance:
- Review designs and provide technical guidance for code interpretation and compliance.
- Support department code compliance initiatives.
- Process Improvement: Participate as needed on business strategy teams, process improvement teams, etc. Work collaboratively with other work groups and departments to achieve desired results. Continuously identify opportunities to improve the way work is done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant engineering experience including experience including experience in gas transmission or related industry
- PE-Professional Engineer license
- Leadership experience
- Experience in gas transmission engineering
- California PE – Professional Engineer License
- Experience in interpreting regulations, federal and state
- Strong project engineering and/or project management background
Requisition ID # 13262