TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
Job Summary -- Gas Distribution Engineer - PE
Under general direction of the lead discipline engineer, project engineer or project manager, the candidate will lead, share information and direct a multi-discipline design team to meet project schedules and deadlines. He/she must possess the ability to organize, anticipate problems, analyze situations and provide sound solutions that will affect the successful completion of the project.
- Perform basic or standard engineering analysis and provide recommendations associated with gas capacity requests, system operating procedures, equipment and facility integrity assessments, and system analysis.
- Perform basic or standard engineering analysis/calculations and designs (e.g., site layout, piping design, material specification, etc.) associated with small scale complex projects and/or participate in large scale complex projects.
- Independently collate and analyze data within one area using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the department's decision-making process.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Test and challenge existing procedures and highlight areas for improvement in order to ensure they are robust.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit TRC.
- Undertake specific tasks of varying complexity in order to support colleagues in the design of technical solutions.
- Build upon technical/professional skills within own area of specialism or of other processes in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
- Conduct specific projects within area of capability and perform engineering studies, analysis and investigations, under supervision, in order to recommend corrective action in problem areas, or to prevent problems.
- Work with minimal supervision. He/she will review completed assignments by other drafters/designers for accuracy and completeness and will perform inter-disciplinary reviews of designs and drawings to confirm design compatibility.
- Position requires the technical supervision of other drafters/designers. The incumbent also provides technical guidance to other drafters/designers in other disciplines or functional area.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology from an ABET accredited engineering school. (Professional experience will determine appropriate engineering position)
- Active PE license (must be valid in one or more of the following states: Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Massachusetts)
- 7-10 years experience
- Knowledge of relevant industry practice, standards and legislation.
- Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation.
- Need to possess a valid driver's license with a safe driving history required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a Project Management team environment.
- Adapts approach and considers what is important to the audience and tailors message accordingly.
- Actively builds and maintains a network of relationships, outside normal business contacts.
- Takes personal responsibility for correcting problems promptly and communicates engineering customer expectations to monitor delivery of engineering projects and satisfaction.
- Proactively makes changes to improve performance, efficiency and effectiveness of processes, for example challenge existing engineering procedures and highlight areas for improvement.
- Possesses positive expectations for team members and expresses regard for them.
- Is receptive to change and is willing to change ideas or opinions based on new information or contrary evidence.
- Experienced in spreadsheet and word processing.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal schedule.
- Understands construction techniques, material properties and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of the other discipline requirements.
- Understanding of the project initiation, execution and close-out requirements.
- Leadership skills.