Essential Functions: The Senior Supervisor, Gas Control is responsible for oversight for the safe and reliable system flows, pressures, volumes, odorization rates and other operating parameters using the Company Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA). Position responsibilities include:
- Support the monitoring and operation of the gas distribution systems for both states.
- Provide day to day business continuity for the real time system operation.
- Assist with forecasting daily system supply requirements and advising Gas Supply of changes.
- Oversee the managing, confirming, and balancing of supplies for End User Transportation (EUT) customers.
- Coordinating field maintenance and pipeline activities with Gas Control.
- Logging all pertinent shift activity.
- Monitoring LNG/LPGA activity that could impact system operations.
- Coordinating Gas Control emergency response activity in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Reviewing all reports and logs provided by the SCADA system on a daily basis.
- Manage work assignments for the Utility and Training weeks of Gas Control System Supervisors in order to provide adequate coverage of Control Room operations.
- Assist the Field Coordinator and assume duties during periods of absence.
- Manage day to day Control Room operations, including scheduling relief controllers and reporting deviations in accordance with CRM requirements.
- Maintain Gas Control qualifications in order to operate the gas system as a Gas Control System Supervisor.
- In unusual instances may be assigned to temporary 12 hour rotating shift work that includes weekends and holidays as a back up to the normal Gas System Supervisors.
- Assuming the Gas Control Manager and Manager of CRM Compliance and Field Coordination duties during periods of absence
- Will be required to train and qualify on other operational Gas Control areas of responsibility, and will be required to assume off-hours on-call duties.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires a high degree of technical knowledge in the area of natural gas transmission, distribution system configuration and gas regulator station /SCADA system operations. Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to read mapping systems and an understanding of gas pressure and flow relationships, remote telemetering and control, LNG operations, applicable Federal and State codes, Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and GIS.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related discipline. Equivalent Experience will be considered.
Experience: 10 years related work experience in an operational/managerial environment including at least 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.