About The Position
The Gas Engineer is responsible for supporting compliance related activities to ensure that Ameren Illinois is compliant with the Operating and Maintenance Plan and State and Federal Pipeline Safety Regulations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor critical compliance data in Maximo and ClickSoftware to ensure data quality and integrity. Work with Gas Operations & Tech Services to correct erroneous information. Develop and deliver training, process, and/or system improvements to prevent reoccurrence of deficiencies.
- Analyze current and historical compliance data in Maximo to identify potential risks and opportunities for operational improvement. Work with Quality Assurance and Gas Operations & Tech Services to assess related operational activities and develop action risk mitigation and/or operational improvement plans.
- Provide engineering support for gas compliance activities in Maximo and ClickSoftware which will include user support, system queries, data requests and development of enhancements.
- Develop a full understanding of Operating and Maintenance procedures/standard designs and the associated pipeline safety regulation to be recognized as a subject matter expert in support of gas operations.
- Support the Illinois Commerce Commission in the performance of record and field audits which will include scheduling/coordinating audits, scheduling/coordinating pre-audit activities, on-site auditsupport, tracking and follow-up on deficiencies identified and responding to audit summaries.
- Provide engineering support in the collection of data and compilation of federal and state mandated pipeline safety annual reports.
- Identify and implement process improvements to ensure that gas operations are in compliance with state and federal pipeline safety regulations and Illinois Commerce Commission expectations.
- Provide compliance learning opportunities to ensure that gas operations are fully aware of new and existing pipeline safety regulations.
- Provide compliance engineering support for the Ameren Illinois Quality Assurance program.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Mechanical or Civil Engineering (other engineering disciplines may be acceptable depending on experience) from an accredited college or university required. Five or more years relevant experience with gas engineering or gas operations preferred.