Gameplay Software Engineer - Artificial Intelligence
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The NBA Live team is looking for a Gameplay SE, with a focus on AI feature development
The role will involve working with proprietary technology to help drive and gameplay features. The engineer will be regularly interacting with other gameplay engineers, artists, animators and designers as well as coordinating with engineers outside of the gameplay team on other areas of the game.
- Creates AI systems and features in the areas of player and team behavior, player and team tendencies, user customizations, as well as signature and unique player behaviors.
- Leverages industry experience to create unique and captivating gameplay experiences.
- Writes, maintains and reviews technical designs based on the requirements of designers and leads.
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new AAA-quality gameplay features.
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Contributes to industry leading innovation in the AI domain and mentors jr software engineers.
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. A Masters degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus.
- 7+ years development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- AI development experience for games
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum development environment.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.