Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented software engineers to join our international Rockstar Gameplay programming team. We are looking for the smartest natural coders out there that we can help grow into skilled engineers, so you can help us develop bleeding edge architectures, evolve and expand our engine, and build tools and systems that make it fast, flexible and easy to use.
Rockstar is a tight community and highly collaborative, so you will need to be able to communicate easily and effectively with fellow coders, designers and artists.
WHAT WE DO
- We create believable characters using both AI and animation techniques.
- We create believable worlds that players can get immersed in.
- We develop systems, such as navigation, population and weapons.
- We work as a global AI/Gameplay team across multiple studios as well as working closely with animators and designers.
- We follow an iterative process where we tune and polish features.
- Work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule.
- A sharp eye for qualitative issues is essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 1+ year game programming experience.
- Experience developing in a team environment.
- Solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Strong math skills: Knowledge of geometry and linear algebra.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills.